LAST DATE TO APPLY: 21st Oct 2023
The program aims to celebrate the innovations and innovative ideas in the domain of cleanliness and waste management from the entrepreneurs, budding startups (idea stage), researchers and college students at the Rashtriya Swachhta Diwas. The reward-based program for the young entrepreneurs aims to recognise the potential ideas in the waste management domain with an objective of further nurturing and developing these ideas to create impactful solutions.
The aim is to reward the top 4 innovative ideas from entrepreneurs operating in the following thematic areas:
- Innovative business models-to make waste management economically sustainable
- Innovative methods for waste management in educational institutions
- Responsible waste management practices
- E-waste, food waste and biomedical waste management
- Waste to energy solutions & recycling technologies
- Waste reduction, upcycling, and repurposing
The selected startups/ innovators will get the recognition as SIDBI Environment Champions and will receive a certificate each under the program.
- Shortlisted ideas to get suitable rewards & free Incubation services for one year for business management, prototype development, funding & mentoring support via partner incubators
- Reward and recognition to top 4 impactful ideas as SIDBI Environmental Champions.
- Capacity building of selected innovators and promotion of entrepreneurship amongst the masses.
- Fostering an enabling environment for the growth of startups and entrepreneurs in the waste management sector.
- Recognising the potential ideas in the areas of waste management, circularity, upcycling, and recycling etc.
- Providing a platform for the emergence of potential ideas in the waste management sector that can be scaled up, tested, and implemented at a larger scale.
Ideation stage startups/Researchers/College students operating and doing research in Waste management sector
Note: Selection of ideas for the award and incubation services is at the sole descretion of the jury constituted for this challenge.